This workshop is extremely beneficial for any health care professional dealing with injuries or restrictions to soft tissue. Health care providers such as physiotherapists, massage therapists, athletic therapists, chiropractors, kinesiologists, osteopaths and students from these professions can benefit from this workshop.
This practical hands-on workshop is delivered in a unique, learner-centered way. A brief review of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue, and the changes in tissue resulting from injury, is followed by an explanation of how the application of soft tissue release (STR) techniques can achieve positive results quickly and permanently. The two basic movements of STR are taught and then participants move into practical sessions, applying STR skills and techniques to different body areas.
The workshop is organized to help participants learn the STR concepts and skills, and deliver the STR techniques in a way that is specific to their size, posture and clientele. After completing the workshop participants will have the confidence and skills to properly apply the STR skills and techniques to their clients immediately.
This course covers the entire body. Concepts build on participants’ knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy and are presented in a way which is quickly grasped by all. Some of the conditions included in the course are:
- Lower leg injuries – Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Shin Splints, Ankle Sprains, Foot and Arch pain, Sesamoiditis, Hammer and Claw Toes.
- Knee problems – Patellar Femoral Syndrome, ITB Friction Syndrome, Jumper’s Knee, Adductor and Hamstring Strains.
- Low Back/Hip – chronic and acute pain treatment – learn to successfully eliminate low back and hip pain, both acute and chronic, following a very simple yet effective protocol.
- Shoulder and Upper Extremity – releases for Deltoid, Pectoralis Major and Minor, Biceps, Triceps, Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Subscapularis, Trapezius, Levator Scapulae, Latissimus Dorsi, Rhomboids.
- Neck– Whiplash – chronic and acute neck pain.
- Elbow pain – Tennis and Golfer’s elbow.
- Forearm and Hand – Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and De Quervain’s Syndrome.
Please Note: STR skills and techniques can be easily integrated into your practice immediately following the course. Specific attention is given to self-help, minimizing fatigue while maximizing results. Participants will also work through case studies to demonstrate their skills obtained in the workshop. Each section will incorporate specific home programs focusing on self-release techniques enabling clients to help maintain the success achieved from the treatments. Class size will be small to medium to ensure a good instructor/participant ratio.
Workshop Schedule and Duration
Soft Tissue Release (Level 1) in-person
The workshop will consist of the following components:
- 2 days of in-person sessions focusing on the STR theory, STR manual skills, STR techniques and client care strategies.
- The duration of the workshop will be approximately 15 hours of contact time.